Thursday, June 20, 2013

Student Reviews from Trillium Woods Elementary

Today, we're delighted to present student reviews from Daniella and Dayna, who are both grade six students at Trillium Woods Elementary School. Thank you for the reviews, Daniella and Dayna, and have a great summer!


Hey! My name is Daniella and this is my review of the book Fatty Legs. I enjoyed this book a lot! I loved how throughout the book there was a glossary in the form of little blue bubbles. I liked this because a lot of the words could have been confusing to me without them! Another great thing was how there were supporting visuals (photos) at the back of the book! It gives the reader a nice idea of how things looked back then! I even enjoyed the illustrations! They are pretty colorful and could appeal to younger readers. The storyline kept me hooked the whole way. It’s sad but everyone loves a happy ending. With all of this being said, I wish there had been more photos. I enjoyed looking at them. All together I recommend it and would give it 4 out of 5 stars!

I’m a Grade 6 student named Dayna and I am going to review Follow Your Money by Kevin Sylvester and Michael Hlinka. I like how the pictures are cartoons and they appeal to kids. Another thing that appealed to me is there is a new topic on almost every page. I also like how on some pages the last topic leads into the next. It is also nicely organized. I learned that there are extra costs when pizza is delivered which I didn’t know before. But there are a few things I wish the author had done differently. Some topics didn’t have as much information as others. For example, the "Let’s Eat" section could have more detail. Other than that the book was great. On a scale of 1-5 it was a 4 because there are more things I liked about the text than I didn’t. So I do recommend this book to students in grade 5-8.

No comments:

ShareThis