|One of our recent award-winners!|
- People Who Said No: won the Gold Medal in the Independent Publishers Book Award (Multicultural Non-fiction Juvenile YA category), and was a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards (Children's/Juvenile Non-fiction category)
- Potatoes on Rooftops: received an Honorable Mention in the Green Book Festival Awards (Children's Books category), and was a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards (Science/Nature/Environment category)
- A Stranger at Home: shortlisted for the 10th Anniversary First Nation Communities Read selection
- The World in Your Lunch Box: winner of the Next Generation Indie Book Awards (Children's/Juvenile Non-fiction category)
Now, I haven't forgotten that this Sunday is Mother's Day. (And neither have you, right? Right?) I may be a little biased, but I think book-related Mother's Day gifts are sure to please. How about:
- Gift certificate to a favorite bookstore: plus an entire afternoon to browse alone?
- An e-reader and one of the e-books from Open Road's Mother's Day promotion?
- For a new mom, perhaps some adorable board books like Cat Comes Too and Dog Comes Too? Or a classic like The Paper Bag Princess or Red is Best?